Monday, November 11, 2013

The Last 9 Seconds

The Secrets to Scoring Goals on The Last Touch

 
As you can tell, it's been a while since I've blogged and now that I have completed my book, The Last 9 Seconds, it's time to get back to sending information out to all.
 
As you may know, the book is based on my course called the Golden Goal Scoring Course.

 Why do players not score more goals?

Have you ever wondered why so many great goal scoring opportunities are not converted into goals? In The Last 9 Seconds, I provide coaches with solutions to this problem tackling it from a psychological perspective. How can a player who can kick, pass, shoot, or head a ball correctly, often miss a golden opportunity?

This book stresses how to coach the players on an in-depth individual basis on how to prepare to score when an opportunity develops. And for the most part, I look at only 9 seconds before that chance comes. What's going on in the mind of the player during those crucial seconds?
The book, The Last 9 Seconds is a reference book for coaches to use when their team or players are having problems scoring goals. I tackle the subject with passion because having played as a goalkeeper, I felt that not enough players scored on me when they should have. I figured that either I really fooled the player into missing and I was a great goalkeeper with special mental powers, or players just made poor decisions. I figure the latter is the case.

 Not enough players scored on me when they should have.

I know how a player can score on me and it is with this perspective that I studied why players didn't score more goals. I studied the psychological factors that players in scoring positions encounter as well as physical and perception factors. After piecing all these factors together and using my experience coaching players, I put together a program that can help players score more goals in a very short amount of time. Here is the problem. Once I gave my first 3-day course with 5 players, my students scored too many goals immediately after the course. This caused a problem because my program worked too good but could it have been a coincidence? A year later, I ran another course to see if I had an exceptional first sample. After 3 days, the players who took my second course did even better than those from the first year and blew my socks off. At that point I knew I had something special so I stopped running courses to write my book to claim the material.

They scored too many goals!

In 2009, I figured that my book would be ready and therefore I could run another course, which I did in Edmonton with the Edmonton Juventus Soccer Club. Unfortunately, I had problems getting the book out because of layout issues, gaining rights to photo issues, and general design issues. For that reason, the first book prototype did not come out for another year and a half. By this time, another World Cup had been played and I wanted to update the information. Hence another few years had gone by. Once again, I stopped running the course but the Edmonton team I had worked on ended up winning the Canadian Championship and broke the record for the most goals scored in the finals. The president of Edmonton Juventus said that "even the subs were scoring"!

"Even the subs were Scoring!

So here we are in 2013, and the book officially came out this spring. I ran 3 courses this season and once again the results have been impressive. You can read up on the players who have informed me of their success at www.goldengoalscoring.com Players from the Pickering Soccer Club and from FC Frederick have done exceptional. And at Shepherd University, although the team struggled to score goals in their new division this season, most players who took the course scored more goals than they did in their previous season.

Numerous Scoring records were set by Students

Two girls from my very first course finished their college career's in 2012 and Lisa Watson broke the all-time goal scoring record for Laurentien University while Laura Twidle, who played as a midfielder finished her career as the 7th all-time goal scorer for Central Michigan University while having only played 6 games in her third year due to injuries.
And in 2013, William Eskay just broke his high school's all-time goal scoring record in November of 2013. The book gives away many of my coaching secrets on how to coach players from a psychological perspective, to score more goals. What can I say, the results have been amazing. In fact, since they seem so powerful, I'm even thinking that once I run out of books, I won't print any more. Why? Well, maybe revealing the secrets to scoring goals should be kept to a minimum.
Thanks for reading,
 
John DeBenedictis
Note:To purchase my book go to www.thelast9seconds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment